忘忧故人
性别保密
威望 点
注册时间2012-11-4
最后登录1970-1-1
在线时间 小时
好友
UID27526
听众
阅读权限200
- 积分
- 25304
鲜花( 276) 鸡蛋( 0)
|
The trees they grow high, the leaves they do grow green,
树在长高,叶在变绿
Many is the time my true love I've seen,
许多次,我看到他的可爱
Many an hour I have watched him all alone,
几多时,我独自对他长久凝视,
He's young but he's daily growing.
他还小,但他正在长大
Father, dear father, you've done me great wrong,
爸爸, 亲爱的爸爸, 你对你的女儿犯下一个伟大的错误
You have married me to a boy who is too young,
你把我嫁给了一个没有成年的男孩
I am twice twelve and he is but fourteen,
我二十四,他十四
He's young but he's daily growing.
他还小,但他在长大
Daughter, dear daughter, I've done you no wrong,
女儿, 亲爱的女儿,我给你的安排并没有错
I have married you to a great lord's son,
我把你嫁给豪门的儿子
He will be a man for you when I am dead and gone,
一旦我老去,他将是你依靠的男人
He's young but he's daily growing
他还小, 但他在长大
Father, dear father, if you see fit,
爸爸, 亲爱的爸爸, 如果你认为合适
We'll send him to college for another year yet,
来年过后, 送他读大学吧
I'll tie a blue ribbon all around his head,
我要用蓝绸带缠上他的头
To let the maidens know that he is married.
告诉年轻的女孩, 他已经结婚
One day I was looking over my father's castle wall,
曾经有一天, 我越过爸爸的院墙
I spied all the boys playing with a ball,
我看到一群男孩在玩球
And my own true love was the flower of them all,
我的爱追逐其中
He's young but he's daily growing.
他还小, 但他在长大
And so early in the morning at the dawning of the day,
那是曙光微现的清晨
They went into a hayfield to have some sport and play,
他们冲入草场锻炼游戏
And what they did there she never would declare,
他们的幼稚,她羞于告人
But she never more complained of his growing.
但她无从抱怨,因为他在成长
At the age of fourteen he was a married man,
十四岁,他成为已婚男人
At the age of fifteen the father of my son,
十五岁,他已经是一个孩子的父亲
At the age of sixteen his grave it was green,
十六岁,他的墓地绿草如茵
And death had put an end to his growing.
死亡终止他的成长
I'll buy my love some flannel, I'll make my love a shroud,
我买来法兰绒,为我的可爱做着寿衣
With every stitch I put in it, the tears they will pour down,
一针下去,泪如雨
With every stitch I put in it, how the tears they will flow,
一针上来,雨是泪
Cruel fate has put an end to his growing.
残酷的命运终结他的成长
|
|